• Funds distributed from the endowment shall be used each year to fund an internship at the:
- Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D. C.
- UTSA Institute of Texan Cultures
- Kennedy Center
- or other cultural institutions as deemed appropriate by Dean of the College of Liberal and Fine Arts
• The internship award shall be provided to a full-time or part-time GRADUATE student enrolled in a graduate program in Anthropology, Art History or History.
*Preference will be given to students who have completed at least 20 credit hours toward their master’s degree.
Amount of award varies depending on funds available. Past awards have been approximately $1,000, and are awarded just prior to the start of the internship.
• Completed Application
• Essay - a 500-word narrative proposing the organization where they expect to complete their internship. The narrative should explain how the internship experience fits into their academic development and area of study, and what they hope to gain from the experience.
*In consultation with the graduate advisors of record, applicants are responsible for making internship arrangements.
Number of Awards1
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?