Available to qualifying organizations offering programs that align with the Grantmaking Principles and Elements CFCI Supports. Community Needs Grants are made possible by field of interest and unrestricted funds.
• Can apply for up to $5,000 (multi-year grants are accepted).
• Funds must be used from April 2017 to April 2018.
• Submission deadline of March 1, 2017 by midnight*.
*Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day until midnight.
• Focused by addressing established CFCI and donor designated priorities.
• Strategic by supporting programs with well defined objectives and measurable outcomes that improve the quality or scope of charitable work in the community.
• Collaborative by leveraging resources and cultivating partnerships.
Elements CFCI Supports
• Arts integration in education and community
Community Development & Capacity Building
• Building workforce skills for adults
• Collaboration between organizations
Development of Strong Families
• Early life interventions
• Parent and family education
• Early childhood and childcare
• Afterschool care-school age
• Preparing youth for their futures (K-12)
Health and Wellness
• Obesity prevention
• Mental health
CFCI does not fund:
• Annual / Capital campaigns
• Sectarian religious purposes: Faith based organizations and churches are eligible if program serves the community.
• Grants will be made to organizations with programs serving individuals within CFCI’s service area of a 50 mile radius surrounding Peoria, IL excluding Knox and McLean Counties.
• Open to all organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, those that operate under a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)3 organization, and to local units of local, county, state or federal government.
• Grant funding may support new or existing programs that positively benefit central Illinois.
• Program must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable anti-discrimination laws are violated.
• Organization must be current on all grant evaluations. If the organization is currently being funded by a CFCI grant, and the grant evaluation is not yet due, an interim report summarizing the progress of the grant must be submitted along with the application.
Application Requirements and Dates
• Applicants are highly encouraged to submit applications at least 2 weeks in advance and to call CFCI’s office at 309-674-8730 to verify all required materials have been received prior to the deadline of March 1, 2017.
• Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Applications missing required materials will be considered incomplete. There will be no exceptions.
• Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day until midnight.
• All applications must be approved by the person writing the grant and by executive level personnel.
• CFCI reserves the right to make changes to application’s requirements up to 60 days prior to the date applications are due.
• Proposals must be submitted by the application deadline..
• The grant review process may last 30-60 days after the submission deadline. CFCI reserves the right to shorten or extend the process at any time.
• Naturally, not all projects can be funded. A denial should not be viewed as a negative reflection on an organization, but rather a reflection on the amount of funding available. Organizations will be notified in writing on the status of the grant application.
Reports to the Foundation
A grant evaluation must be completed and submitted within one month of grant program completion. Failure to fully complete and submit this report by May 15, 2018 will prevent the grantee from future grant consideration.
A link to the online grant evaluation will be available on CFCI's website (click here) upon grant award distribution. It is the grantee's responsibility to review the evaluation in order to submit all required information.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?