The MHTA Foundation provides scholarships for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
The application period opens February 1 and closes April 1 each year.
These awards include $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies.
Most scholarships are supported by the MHTA Foundation, while some are sponsored by Minnesota technology companies and organizations. Past sponsors have included; Thomson Reuters, CenturyLink, RBA Cares, ILM Consulting, Keyot, and Women Leading in Technology.
Applications are reviewed by members of the MHTA Foundation Board of Directors with assistance from STEM professional volunteers from the high tech community.
These individuals represent Minnesota companies and higher education institutions and are committed to developing a well-educated technology literate workforce.
The Foundation supports diversity in this application and award process.
• Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
• Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
• Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
• Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2018 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
• In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
• The scholarship is open to international students, but preference is given to students who intend to work in Minnesota after graduation.
• Past scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply as long as they meet the rest of the requirements listed here.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?